The Upper Monroe Avenue Neighborhood Association has stepped up to the plate and become the first neighborhood in our city to endorse the City of
’s decision to include bicycle boulevards in its Bicycle Masterplan. Eventually, we want to provide the Rochester community with an example of bicycle boulevards designed to connect neighborhoods with the city-wide trail system and to encourage bicycle use by casual bike riders to nearby destinations. Rochester
We can support them by riding on May 23!
Please consider riding your bicycle with us on our our first Upper Monroe bicycling boulevard ride on May 23rd. This is just one of the events for Rochester's Bike Week to show off our neighborhood and the bicycle boulevard concept.
We'll meet up at Cobb's Hill Park and bike to Ford's Street Bridge then on to Boulder Coffee shop on 955 Genesee Street and back.
- When: 1 PM, Sunday, May 23rd, 2010
- Where: Cobbs Hill Park (near the corner of Norris Dr. and Culver Rd.
- Helmet required
- Total bicycling distance: 7.34 miles of fun.
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Free and Open to the public
- Ride lead by a Rochester Bicycling Club Board member
This is the route we will be taking on May 23rd.
View Upper Monroe Bicycle Boulevard Ride in a larger map